Short Cycle Fill
Pharmacies need an expert they can rely on to give them theÂ right informationÂ at theÂ right time.
The GeriMed team can help LTC pharmacies prepare for short cycle fill.
From drug purchasing to claims billing, we have you covered.
LTC pharmacies must dispense:
- 14 day or less supply
- Brand oral solid drugs only
- Excludes ointments, creams, liquids and any product that must be dispensed in the manufacturers original package
- Excludes generic drugs
- Effective January 1, 2013
- Nursing homes only
- Exludes assisted living facilities, ICF-MR, group homes and independent living
Short Cycle Fill Raises Many Questions for LTC Pharmacies
- What is short cycle fill?
- Does my pharmacy have to comply?
- How will the pharmacy be paid?
- What kind of equipment does the pharmacy need?
- How is the claim billed?